I had a completely different post planned for tonight but I was just so excited about this I wanted to post it as soon as possible. The beautiful Christalcee, from the fab Leo’s Mom on the Run blog nominated me for the Liebster award! I have seen this on a few people’s blogs and it is a great way to get to know other bloggers so I am super excited to be taking part in it myself.
So the rules are, thank the person who nominated you (thanks again Christalcee!) and then answer the 11 questions that you have been set. You then have to nominate people and ask them to answer 11 questions too! So here goes:
- Why did you start blogging?
I started going to the gym a few months ago and while looking for workouts online I started coming across fitness and running blogs. I was quickly drawn into the world of blogging and it seemed like so much fun that I thought I would start doing it myself. I’ve always loved writing so this seemed like the perfect project for me to take up, wish I had started years ago!
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Ooh this is a hard one, so hard to think that far ahead. My daughter Mollie will be 11 by then, that’s a really scary thought! I would like to have achieved some more of my goals like buying our house, giving up smoking etc. As long as I am happy I don’t really mind where I am in 5 years’ time. And hopefully I will still be going to the gym haha!
- If you could be anywhere right now, where would it be and why?
On holiday with Mike and Mollie, somewhere where the sun is shining, with a beach to walk on and a pool to play in, oh and some cocktails of course!
- It’s a miserable day outside and you have to keep yourself occupied, what do you do?
An all-day Netflix binge! I’m really into Pretty Little Liars at the moment but there just aren’t enough hours in the day to watch it.
- What would you name your autobiography?
I would name it “Put your game face on!” This is something I always say under my breath when I’m about to go into a situation that is hard to face, when I’m nervous about something or when I have to do something I don’t like. It’s sort of become my motto, I lift my head up, put my shoulders back and either think or whisper it and instantly I feel like I can face the world.
- What is the best compliment you have ever received and how did that make you feel?
I’m not great with compliments, I always brush them off. Mike told me the other day he was really proud of me for everything I have been doing lately so that meant a lot to me. Also, my best friend recently said I had been a massive support to her when she was going through a hard time last year so that made me happy that I had had a positive effect on her and had helped her out during a rough time. She has done so much for me over the years that it’s nice to know that I have helped her too.
- What is your favourite beauty/fashion related item?
I don’t know if this counts but my GHD’s definitely. They are the one thing I use every single day and couldn’t live without them!
- What animal best represents you?
I think a cat as although I love my family I’m definitely a bit of a loner in life and am quite happy in my own company, just like a cat. Also I love sleeping in the sun and that’s all cats ever do right?
- What is your idea of a perfect day?
Wake up after a little lie in, somewhere warm and sunny and spend the day with my family on the beach playing and having fun. Then out for a nice meal with Mike in the evening, then sitting outside drinking cocktails all night until the stars are out.
- Who are your favourite YouTubers to binge watch?
I literally never ever watch YouTube. I didn’t even know how to use it until my daughter showed me (she was 4 at the time!) I would really love to use it as I know there are some amazing things on there that I would love to watch but there just isn’t enough hours in the day to spend time on it.
- If you could time travel would you go back into the past or travel ahead into the future?
I think I would travel into the future. I’m so curious to see what Mollie will be like when she’s older so I would go ahead to see her.
Wow, that was so much harder than I thought it would be! I’m nominating these lovely ladies because I love reading their blogs so much!
And here are your 11 questions, enjoy!
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
- What is your favourite book?
- If you had one wish what would it be?
- What was the last thing you bought?
- What are you most looking forward to about 2016?
- Where would you most like to live in the world?
- How do you like your eggs?
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your happiest childhood memory?
- What one thing could you not live without?