Lately I have been writing a lot of review and planning posts and realised you, my lovely readers, probably don’t know that much about me. I thought it might be time for a more personal post so here are 10 interesting* facts about me:
- I hate driving! I had lessons when I was 17, 18 and again last year when I was 28. I failed my test 3 times and passed on the 4th attempt last July. I make myself drive everyday but only short distances and have never driven on the motorway.
- I used to hate sport when I was younger and still dislike team sports. I always used to write myself fake notes from my mum to get out of PE and got away with it for a while until one day, my mum picked me up from school and my PE teacher came sprinting towards the car with a huge pile of notes I had written!
- My first job was in KFC when I was 17. I had to wear a hat and a uniform that was about 2 sizes too big for me, not my best look!
- I have never seen any of the Jurassic park films! As a kid my Mum wouldn’t let me watch them as she said they were too scary. As an adult I don’t really enjoy films like that so have never gotten around to watching them.
- People think I am really unemotional, in fact I have been called the Ice Queen more than once. I hate crying in front of people and if someone offers me sympathy my tears dry right up. However, I am actually really emotional and cry at most Disney films!
- I always used to bite my nails, right down to the bottom until they bled. When I was pregnant I randomly stopped and now the thought of biting my nails makes me feel sick!
- I am the worst person in the mornings, always have been. As a kid my family knew never to speak to me in the morning and Mike always says some mornings he feels too scared to speak to me! The only thing I like about driving is that I can now drive myself to work and don’t have to talk to anyone in the mornings!
- I don’t eat any fish or seafood at all. When I was about 9 I found a tiny bone in a fish finger and refused to eat them ever again. I attempted to eat salmon earlier this year and hated it, even the smell of fish fingers turns my stomach
- I used to be able to play the piano. I didn’t do any exams but could play a couple of songs and played The Mexican Hat Dance in a junior school summer concert. I am currently storing my sister’s piano in my house so my aim over the next 6 months is to teach myself to play again.
- When I was younger I was massively obsessed with Eminem. I knew all the lyrics to all of his songs and had a whole wall of my room covered in posters of him!
That was more fun than I thought it would be! Hopefully you enjoyed reading this post and getting to know the real me a little better. Do you have any interesting facts about yourself that you want to share with your readers? Feel free to leave one in the comments or do a similar post and tag me in it so I can read it, I’m so nosey, I love reading posts like this!