So I have been in a bit of a blogging slump recently. I still love blogging, have been reading blogs every day and even writing a bit, but I have hardly published anything at all on the blog in the past few months.
I’m not really sure why this is. We have been super busy the past few months, but we are always busy so that’s not really an excuse. I just haven’t felt motivated to open my laptop. However I really really miss blogging and want to get back into it properly so I have decided to set myself some goals for November to get me motivated. I’ll do an assessment of how they went at the beginning of December and also create some new goals for the month ahead (you get the idea, loads of blogger do it).
I have also been slacking off on the gym and healthy eating lately so there are a few fitness and life goals for the month too. So here we go!
- Blog at least once a week throughout November (I’m posting this on a Sunday so that counts as last weeks)
- Find some new blogs to read. I read a lot of blogs but I’ve found my WordPress feed looking a little stale and my Bloglovin feed too large to keep up with (800 unread – argh!!). I want to clear out blogs I don’t read and blogs who don’t post anymore and find some new interesting ones to go alongside my faves.
- Tidy up my blog, recatorgorise things and just give it a bit of a freshen up. At the moment I just have a WordPress site with a free template so it’s quite limited but I’ve noticed a lot of my posts are uncategorised so I want to make things a bit clearer and easier to find.
- Promote my blog more. If I want readers I need to let people know I’m here. This means promoting myself a little more so I will be aiming to do at least 1 promotional tweet a day. I get most of my views from Twitter so promoting on there will hopefully get me a few new readers!
Current followers: 109
Target for the end of the month: 150
- Be more vocal on Twitter. Some days I Tweet a lot, sometimes I don’t use it for days. I want to try and be more consistent on Twitter and tweet regularly but only if I have something to say, not just for the sake of it.
- Learn to schedule Tweets. This is something I have been meaning to do for months so I am determined to get started this month and hopefully when I have got the hang of it, it will help me schedule promotional Tweets for the week ahead.
- Join in at least 1 Twitter chat a week. I joined a Twitter chat last week for the first time in ages (#latenightbloggers) and it was so much fun. I find it’s a great way to talk to new people and I always end up finding some great new blogs from it. I don’t think I get many new followers out of it but putting myself out there a little bit more can’t really hurt can it? I’m going to schedule some in for the next few weeks and do my best to make 1 a week.
Current followers: 465
Target for the end of the month: 500
- Get back into the gym!! I have been so slack (lazy) lately and it really shows in my performance. I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in ages, jumped on the treadmill aiming to run 5k and only managed just over 2k before I had to stop. Back at the end of the summer I could run 5k without stopping so I know I’m getting out of shape again. This month I want to hit the gym at least once a week and be able to run 5k without stopping again by the end of the month.
- Eat healthier. I have been slipping back into old habits lately. Pizza for tea, crisps from the works vending machine almost daily, snacking in the evenings after dinner. This needs to stop so I have stocked up on healthy snacks and later on today will be portioning them out for the week and making healthy fresh salads for packed lunches.
- Get a bedtime routine in place. I wake up everything morning feeling like I have been wrestling a bear in my sleep. I never ever wake up feeling refreshed and energised for the day ahead. I truly believe that some people are just not morning people and function better in the evenings but staying awake til 1am on my phone when I have to get up at 7am is not helping me so I am going to create a bedtime routine that works for me, put down the phone and try and stick to a regular bedtime of 10.30-11pm.
So there we have it. My goals for the month. I will let you know how I get on in a few weeks’ time.
Do you have any goals for this month? Do you schedule Tweets? What do you use? Do you ever find yourself in a blogging slump? If you have any tips to share let me know in the comments!